Author Topic: Le Mans Series, 1000 km of Catalunya - my photos  (Read 3951 times)

Offline danidmas

• Administrator
  • Mr. Large Penisklause
    • Colla Veglas
Le Mans Series, 1000 km of Catalunya - my photos
« on: April 05, 2009, 11:52:58 pm »
Here we go... first round of the Le Mans Series in Europe, with the 1000 km of Catalunya. Sadly, this year we haven't got the Audis or the Peugeots as last year... but on the other hand, we've been lucky enough to see the race debut of the Lola-Aston Martin :) It's not as fast as you might think though... losing the pole against a much-inferior-car-on-the-paper like the Ginetta-whatever... and winning the race for just 14 seconds over another low-class car. The Audis are another story... super slow during the whole weekend, Kolles is not even a shadow of the Audi official team :no: And in GT1 class... only the privateer Luc Alphand 'Vette C6.R... a Murcie throwing flames in every braking... and 2 old Saleens... quite sad considering how the GT1 has been doing over the last years :whistle:

Anyway... all this sounds like a complaint or something, and nothing further from reality - the race was pretty cool... and well, being able to enjoy this cars "just 15 km from my place" is an absolute pleasure! :) I've been at the track 3 days, from friday afternoon... and I think I've never walked as much as I've walked this weekend, seriously :) hence the variety of angles...

You'll find the rest of the coverage after this link:
http://collaverglas.wordpress.com/2009/04/05/le-mans-series-1000-km-de-catalunya/

As said, you can find the rest of this pics (69 in total) in my blog :)
http://collaverglas.wordpress.com/2009/04/05/le-mans-series-1000-km-de-catalunya/

Ah, and wait for the coverage of the Classic Endurance Racing - Porsche 936, 908/4, 935K, 935K Moby Dick, 934 RSR, 911 RS, Ferrari 512 BB, 275 GTB, 712 (a 7-litre version of the 312PB, driven by Michael Andretti back in the day), BMW M1 (x3), Lolas and Chevrons (a dozen, each), Alpine A210, Chevrolet Corvette C3... pics to follow very soon! :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 12:28:32 am by danidmas »

Offline acmarttin

• Middleweight
  • Bustin' makes me feel good!
Re: Le Mans Series, 1000 km of Catalunya - my photos
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 01:25:54 am »
Great photos Dani! I really liked the one on your blog of the white lambo from behind spitting flames while braking. -> http://collaverglas.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/lamborghini-murcielago-r-gt-41.jpg

Too bad the Lola-Aston was a pig. Goes to show you looking fast isn't enough  :lol:

Oh, and I LOL'd at the flag waver.  :D

Offline yeckmohr

• Administrator
  • The King formerly taxidriver
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 09:11:11 am »
thanks again, dani, these photos are amazing, i watched it on eurosport yesterday, great series.

Offline llastarri

• Middleweight
  • Driving is our passion
    • Llastarri's photos
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 11:38:39 am »
very nice!!
I like the crash cars....and the image of "orange man"... :whistle: this was a race with a big cars and big mens!!

:good:

Delta HF turbo i.e.

Offline pzgren

• Superheavyweight
  • Porsche Freak
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 03:57:39 pm »
very nice panning shots dani :good:

Offline Skaala

• Superheavyweight
  • Team Viking
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 04:56:28 pm »
very nice phots dani! :good: :good:
"In principle, this car is too fast for my thoughts!" (Walter R?hrl about the 600+hp Audi S1 EVO)
"If the M5 is the McLaren F1.. the RS6 is the Bugatti Veyron!" - Tiff Needell
"Though I Fly Through The Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing" - SR-71 test pilot

Offline danidmas

• Administrator
  • Mr. Large Penisklause
    • Colla Veglas
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 06:27:52 pm »
Thanks for your comments guys! :)

You can see some of my pics here:
http://www.motor.cat/reportatges/detall/142/148/686/aston-martin-torna-i-triomfa

Long story short: after the Tramontana unveiling... I offered them my photos :whistle: they liked them... and they offered me press access whenever I wanted. For this LMS race... I was 4 days late apparently :whip: But they told me I can count on a press pass for the DTM race at Barcelona :mrgreen:

Offline gucom

• Superheavyweight
  • Hatseflats!
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 08:47:09 pm »
Very nice pics Dani! :good: I was also disappointed with the pace of the Lola Aston Martin, I'm afraid aerodynamically it's a step backwards from last year's model, because they had to incorporate the company look. It's hard to judge how much AM have changed the car on the technical side...

The performance of the R10's is just not worthy of those cars, something must be wrong somewhere...

Ow and the marshall is kinda hilarious :lol:

Offline Smartdriver

• paparazzo
    • www.Italiansupercar.net
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 09:22:15 pm »
Really great reportage! I love all shots!  :good:
Nice to see finally you and your camera on race-track  :good:
Well done Dani  ;)

Offline chest3r

• Heavyweight
  • Global Warming Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 12:26:17 am »
Long story short: after the Tramontana unveiling... I offered them my photos :whistle: they liked them... and they offered me press access whenever I wanted. For this LMS race... I was 4 days late apparently :whip: But they told me I can count on a press pass for the DTM race at Barcelona :mrgreen:

Lucky bastard !!  :roll:

There will be a 1000km Le Mans Series race in Algarve in the summer, and I would like to attend it since I never saw these cars on the track.

Anyway, thanks for the pics!  :good:

Offline danidmas

• Administrator
  • Mr. Large Penisklause
    • Colla Veglas
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 12:36:10 am »
Lucky bastard !!  :roll:

There will be a 1000km Le Mans Series race in Algarve in the summer, and I would like to attend it since I never saw these cars on the track.

Anyway, thanks for the pics!  :good:

Don't miss it! You won't be dissapointed. Even if there're no official Audis or Peugeots... just to hear the Lola-Aston's V12... or, ironically, the silent Audis... it's well worth it! How far do you live from the track? :)

Actually, my brother is trying to convince me to attend this race :wink:

Offline chest3r

• Heavyweight
  • Global Warming Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 01:00:41 am »
Don't miss it! You won't be dissapointed. Even if there're no official Audis or Peugeots... just to hear the Lola-Aston's V12... or, ironically, the silent Audis... it's well worth it! How far do you live from the track? :)

Actually, my brother is trying to convince me to attend this race :wink:

I live quite far actually, 400km away, and I was in the area this weekend to attend the WRC.  :roll: Let's see  :whistle:

Offline TT

• paparazzo
  • Tackleberry
    • SCS
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 06:45:09 am »
Nicely done dani: as always your pics from the track are top notch!!  :good:  :snap:

Offline llastarri

• Middleweight
  • Driving is our passion
    • Llastarri's photos
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 10:52:13 am »
 :drool: hehe... ID press for DTM Barcelona? Do you need an assistant?

Well this race was nice...we hope that next will be too it.

Dani...I have one of your photo in my desktop! very, very nice....
Delta HF turbo i.e.