Author Topic: Car hunting in Japan  (Read 14357 times)

Offline danidmas

• Administrator
  • Mr. Large Penisklause
    • Colla Veglas
Car hunting in Japan
« on: October 07, 2009, 01:50:35 am »
It's been a couple of months now, since I came back from my trip to Japan... and well, basically because I'm one lazy ass, I pretty much forgot about these pics :blush: :whistle:

But as they say, better late than never! :)

<<< click on the images to go to the gallery, with over 140 pics >>>
Audi R8: hard to imagine a car that looks better at Ginza at night!

This full-black E60 M5 sounded very loud! Straight pipes anyone? :evil:

We spotted quite a few Brabus in Japan, which is quite something considering I've never seen one in Europe, not even in Germany or Monaco! :)

Quite possibly, the best looking car we saw there! :drool: :love: Datsun 240Z... pure sex on wheels! We spotted the car in a parking lot in Osaka... and we were lucky enough to see the car "in action" a couple of hours later while we were looking for a restaurant :good:

We were not so lucky with this gorgeous white 308 :( Looks pretty good with the wide fenders and the racing rear grille... don't know if it's a Michelotto replica or something :?

Bling-bling-bling-bliiiiiiing...

K-cars are quite popular in Japan. They have engines smaller than 1 litre (I think)... and this one was by far the funkiest of them all :)

Ginza. That's the first thing we saw as we step out of the subway. I didn't even had the camera ready... but luckily I got a decent shot of this Countach 25th Anniversary (right?) :) :snap:

It was not the only Lambo we saw at Ginza: Diablo SV and new Gallo LP560-4! :drool:

What about this Murcie right in the street of the geishas, in Gion, Kyoto? :)

Pure coolness: full-black Maser QP! :cool:

A japanese modern classic: Mazda RX7...

We were quite lucky with these Minis. As we left our hostel, I saw some Minis going down the road. Some of them were pretty nice. As we were arriving to the turistic-attraction-of-the-day... there they were, all lined up in front of the entrance! :) I have to say that the green one if one of the sweetest Minis I've ever seen! The interior is fucking perfect!

New Minis are not as cool as the original ones... although there're always exceptions, like this Clubman Cooper S on Alpina wheels :drool:

Another car that you can only see at Japan: Lancer Evo Estate... :nutz:

Only in Japan is also valid for bikes: what about this mini-size Honda NSR?! :lol:

Neons and spinners... all in one. I'm lost for words... :nutz: :lol:

The R35 GT-R is the Nissan that takes all the credit... but for me the real Skyline will always be the R32 :drool:

... although I wouldn't say no to a nice R33 either  :whistle:

From far, it looked like a real Speedster... a little closer, it look like a tuned, widened Speedster (I was shocked!)... but from close, it was clear it was a Beetle-based replica (I think) :) :no:

Very cool Clio V6 Mk1! :love:

Another car we don't get here: Subaru Forester STi...

Koya-san is a small town in the mountains, plenty of temples all around, relax everywhere... and out of nowhere this rally-prep Impreza appeared! :drool: I love it! (It's the same place where we spotted the Mini gathering... so I guess there must be some pretty nice roads around the area)

Last car I'd lke to point out, this cool Suzuki Jimmy super-off-road... not the first of its kind we saw there! They look very cool! :)

<<< click on the images to go to the gallery, with over 140 pics >>>
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 06:17:13 pm by danidmas »

Offline sentra_dude

• paparazzo
  • The Aviator
Re: Car hunting in Japan
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 02:19:45 am »
Wow, lot's of really neat spottings Dani! I agree, the R32 Skyline is ultra-cool, and definitely cooler than the R35. And the Evo Estate, that's really funny! :nutz: That is a beautiful shot of the Clio at night (and also the RX-7). So I'm noticing a lot of cars in white, is white kind of 'the color' to have in Japan? If so, TT would love Japan. :mrgreen:

Offline danidmas

• Administrator
  • Mr. Large Penisklause
    • Colla Veglas
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 02:29:20 am »
So I'm noticing a lot of cars in white, is white kind of 'the color' to have in Japan? If so, TT would love Japan. :mrgreen:

Yeah, we could say it is :)

As for the night shots... I had no tripod, so just imagine how many times I had to shot the car until I had a decent non-blurry photo :mrgreen: :snap:

Offline Schwalbe

• Superheavyweight
  • DoubleURX
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 04:22:02 am »
Amazing car selection from Japan, they must be incredibly rich these Japanese exotic car owners.  :shocked:

Man the white Datsun 240Z is awesome and so clean, I also really like the white Lancer Evo 7 Estate.  :good: :good:

I'm not a super expert about Lambos, but the Countach looks like a kit car for me, the wheels the side skirt... I don't know.  :? 

I wish I will be able to visit Japan one day, I love the cars, the food and the chicks there !  :good:

Offline goodduck

• Artist
  • stra?enversion.net
    • strassenversion
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 05:27:25 am »
that has to be the best looking 240Z ive ever seen. great stuff dani. i would love to cruise around tokyo in that van too

Offline wackary

• Heavyweight
    • American Revolution
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 05:52:44 am »
Nice Dani! Damn I miss Japan! It is such a great place for cars and bikes, so many interesting things to see; especially when you are coming from the US, everything is just so exotic. I love the mini-cars, especially the little vans.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is
for good men to do nothing" .
-Edmund Burke
http://www.pnar.org/sop.htm

Offline spanky

• Superheavyweight
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 09:20:33 am »
Great Foto's Dani  :good: :good:

R32 is definitely a huge fave for me. Way cooler than the R35...

Oh and that Maser looked cool in all black

Offline Slusbe

• Superflyweight
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 10:48:26 am »
Man thats an awesome variety of cars. Great pics
Slusbe
aka Findleybeast from JW

xboxLive username: TheSlusbe

Offline pterps

• paparazzo
    • Digi-Shape Autofotografie
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 11:30:48 am »
There are some cool cars over there! Thanks for sharing, must have been an awesome trip!

Offline yeckmohr

• Administrator
  • The King formerly taxidriver
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 02:41:06 pm »
dani thanks a lot, what abunch of nice and beautyful cars, the best pic is the black M5.

Offline pzgren

• Superheavyweight
  • Porsche Freak
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 07:05:46 pm »
haha, great sightings: from freaks cars to super ones... the black qp looks damn hot...

thx for the pics

Offline chest3r

• Heavyweight
  • Global Warming Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 07:22:48 pm »
That Datsun looks gorgeous  :drool: :drool:

The Hummer is horrible!  :mad:

Quite cool to own a Clio V6 there. I suppose it's a very rare care. I didn't even know they sell Renaults over there.

Also, I didn't know they had old Minis  :roll:

Offline AlfaGTV

• paparazzo
    • E40racer
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 10:36:19 pm »
Tha Datsun looks o so cool. One of the few Jap cars I would consider owning.

Offline danidmas

• Administrator
  • Mr. Large Penisklause
    • Colla Veglas
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 11:58:49 pm »
I suppose it's a very rare care. I didn't even know they sell Renaults over there.

They don't, I think. We also spotted a Citro?n Saxo VTS, which was even more shocking considering it's not even special around here. But there were some regular Peugeots and Renaults... that I don't know where they came from: any japanese equivalent car is far better than the frenchs...  :whistle:

Offline llastarri

• Middleweight
  • Driving is our passion
    • Llastarri's photos
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 08:29:54 am »
 :drool: I repeat: all pictures is fantastic, but the Datsun 240Z....uufff.... :nutz: I like it!!!
Nice image and nice travel.
Delta HF turbo i.e.

industrious