Author Topic: Touristenfahrten Nurburgring Nordschleife 18-10-09  (Read 5376 times)

Offline AlfaGTV

• paparazzo
    • E40racer
Touristenfahrten Nurburgring Nordschleife 18-10-09
« on: October 29, 2009, 09:28:56 pm »
Some more Touristenfahrten pics from almost 2 weeks ago. Not that many exotics driving around the ring this time of the year. I think most have been tucked away for their winter sleep...
Lots of fog in the morning, the track had just opened when I arrived.

Nice Ferrari 430 Scuderia Spider 16M in black.

And a Ferrari 430 in the Karoussell, look at those autumn colors  :)

Ferrari 430 Scuderia
One of my favorite shots of the day.

A couple of Gallardo's.

Not my type of car, but I like this shot.

The ring taxi doing what it does best...

It was bloody cold, not sure if I will be going back this year. Was a very difficult day to take pics. Fog in the morning, lots of clouds in the afternoon with some sunshine in between. I changed settings and lenses a thousand times  :no: The track was again closed for almost two hours in the afternoon because of crashes. I walked back from the Karoussell to Brunchen and saw 3 towing trucks taking cars of the track. All different accidents, then at Brunchen a biker had crashed and was taken away by helicopter. (Pretty cool to see a helicopter lifting of between the trees.)

Offline Svensson

• Middleweight
  • Ain't nothin' but a peanut
Re: Touristenfahrten Nurburgring Nordschleife 18-10-09
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 10:02:22 pm »
Great pics man!! The Scuderia's look awesome :good:

Offline danidmas

• Administrator
  • Mr. Large Penisklause
    • Colla Veglas
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 12:48:09 am »
Looks like an italian invasion!!! :no: :lol: :italy:

Do you know if there's a day where the track closes for winter? Or is it always opened unless there's snow on the track? :?

Offline Smartdriver

• paparazzo
    • www.Italiansupercar.net
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 07:23:45 am »
Ring taxi shots are fantastic!  :good:

Offline pzgren

• Superheavyweight
  • Porsche Freak
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 12:22:35 pm »
awesome pics - well done!!

Offline AlfaGTV

• paparazzo
    • E40racer
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 12:40:18 pm »
Do you know if there's a day where the track closes for winter? Or is it always opened unless there's snow on the track? :?

It used to close during the winter but since a couple of years it stays open, weather permitting ofcourse. I went last year in december, girlfriend and friends went to a christmas market in Germany. Me and a friend went to the ring and did 15 laps in one day. We didn't see any other cars on the track, car park was empty. You just have to be lucky with the weather. I remember 2 years ago during easter weekend that it started snowing while the track was open. Cars were stuck at Hohe Acht because it was so slippery. They had to close the track and people had to do a u-turn and drive back to the carpark.

Offline Skaala

• Superheavyweight
  • Team Viking
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 02:06:42 pm »
It used to close during the winter but since a couple of years it stays open, weather permitting ofcourse. I went last year in december, girlfriend and friends went to a christmas market in Germany. Me and a friend went to the ring and did 15 laps in one day. We didn't see any other cars on the track, car park was empty. You just have to be lucky with the weather. I remember 2 years ago during easter weekend that it started snowing while the track was open. Cars were stuck at Hohe Acht because it was so slippery. They had to close the track and people had to do a u-turn and drive back to the carpark.

aaaa, driving the Nordschleife in snow is a dream of mine! :) No worries with Nokian Hakkapelitta RSI studless snowtires :D
"In principle, this car is too fast for my thoughts!" (Walter R?hrl about the 600+hp Audi S1 EVO)
"If the M5 is the McLaren F1.. the RS6 is the Bugatti Veyron!" - Tiff Needell
"Though I Fly Through The Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing" - SR-71 test pilot

Offline bmagni

• Superheavyweight
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 12:35:09 am »
daaamn do you have those 430 Scud in Hi-Res?  :mrgreen:

Offline danidmas

• Administrator
  • Mr. Large Penisklause
    • Colla Veglas
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 03:15:42 pm »

Thanks for the reply. A friend of mine told me about that... but I had the idea that the track closed doors during winter.  :blush:

Offline AlfaGTV

• paparazzo
    • E40racer
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 10:05:28 pm »
daaamn do you have those 430 Scud in Hi-Res?  :mrgreen:

You will need to have some patience  :) I'm making a gallery with all my best shots / exotics. Going to put wallpaper versions on my website. I'm having a photobook made from it in big format. In the winter I have some more time to browse through all my pics and edit them.

Offline bmagni

• Superheavyweight
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 11:27:53 pm »
You will need to have some patience  :) I'm making a gallery with all my best shots / exotics. Going to put wallpaper versions on my website. I'm having a photobook made from it in big format. In the winter I have some more time to browse through all my pics and edit them.

Much better. Better than just one pic? All your best pics in wallpaper quality. Thanks! Keep us updated.

Offline chest3r

• Heavyweight
  • Global Warming Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 11:36:53 pm »
I love those Scuderia shots!

And the black Scuderia 16M looks awesome too  :cool:

Offline stmoritzer

• paparazzo
    • David Kaiser Carphotography
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 05:54:17 pm »