Author Topic: The "New Tech Toys" Thread  (Read 24256 times)

Offline evoWALO

• Middleweight
    • Paolo-Dolina-Visuals
Re: The "New Tech Toys" Thread
« Reply #150 on: January 28, 2016, 01:01:11 pm »
I am hoping for a point & shoot with a medium format sensor in the future. I dont want to invest on a 3rd system but I want a walk around camera with a field of view of a 35mm or 50mm
Visit my Flickr, Facebook & 500px and see my photos. :)

Offline gucom

• Superheavyweight
  • Hatseflats!
« Reply #151 on: January 28, 2016, 01:57:09 pm »
Well, there's already the Fuji X100 and Sony RX1, both with 35mm equivalent POV's and fast lenses. Assuming medium format would be the recently popular 44x33mm sensor, that would require a lens of f/2.54 or faster to provide shallower DOF and more light collection than the RX1.

[mini rant]For the first few years of the digital compact, "point and shoot" and "compact" were the same, but not anymore, even though many people still use them interchangeably. Cameras such as my X100 are far less "point and shoot" in character than your average DSLR, even though they are compact. But that's just my personal pet pieve.[/mini rant]

Offline evoWALO

• Middleweight
    • Paolo-Dolina-Visuals
« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2016, 02:13:34 pm »
Well, there's already the Fuji X100 and Sony RX1, both with 35mm equivalent POV's and fast lenses. Assuming medium format would be the recently popular 44x33mm sensor, that would require a lens of f/2.54 or faster to provide shallower DOF and more light collection than the RX1.

[mini rant]For the first few years of the digital compact, "point and shoot" and "compact" were the same, but not anymore, even though many people still use them interchangeably. Cameras such as my X100 are far less "point and shoot" in character than your average DSLR, even though they are compact. But that's just my personal pet pieve.[/mini rant]

On compact vs point & shoot the problem I see is that compact sounds too high-end and puts people in an apprehensive position. While point and shoot just relaxes everyone. ;)

Yes, I am inferring the use of the 44x33mm 50MP CMOS image sensor manufactured by Sony last year.

Or I can go crazy and talk about the  53.7x40.4mm 100MP CMOS image sensor also manufactured by Sony this year.

Diagram below for the purpose of comparison between the four large image sensors.

To think the largest image sensor I've used is 36x24mm 51MP CMOS image sensor from Canon. ;)

« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 02:47:09 pm by evoWALO »

Offline gucom

• Superheavyweight
  • Hatseflats!
« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2016, 04:31:04 pm »
Since a medium format compact would cost easily above 3000 dollars, and perhaps closer to 5000, I would most certainly not be relaxed about the price :mrgreen:

Offline evoWALO

• Middleweight
    • Paolo-Dolina-Visuals
« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2016, 07:16:06 pm »
Since a medium format compact would cost easily above 3000 dollars, and perhaps closer to 5000, I would most certainly not be relaxed about the price :mrgreen:
Sadly, I have to agree with you there.  :mrgreen:

Perhaps when the first model gets phased out with a successor would be the time to buy it.

Offline evoWALO

• Middleweight
    • Paolo-Dolina-Visuals
« Reply #155 on: November 13, 2016, 06:21:47 am »
I wiped them out. ;)

Offline evoWALO

• Middleweight
    • Paolo-Dolina-Visuals
« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2016, 09:48:32 am »
My buying the TV did not sync with the NES Classic. :(

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 09:49:02 am by evoWALO »

industrious